Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sheep dressing and haircuts!

Life continues to be absolutely nuts around our house! I am almost looking forward to school starting hoping I might have a little more quiet time when we are back to a schedule! Who knows....

We went to Tucson last weekend for the annual Gila Valley Clinic retreat and we all had such a great time! We stayed at this beautiful resort called Starr Pass Resort. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to get away! It was away from the craziness of the city but still close enough that it didn't take long to get to restaurants and shopping! On Saturday, the clinic took all their employees to Old Tucson for the day. That morning they had all the employees come in before the park opened and they provided a great team building exercise. They had to do a series of things and the first team to complete them all won! I unfortunately didn't get to do all the activities because Robert had to work so I had Trysten with me but I was able to take pictures and it was so much fun to watch! One of the tasks was for the groups to catch a sheep/goat and dress it in two shirts and a cowboy hat! It was quite a riot! It was so much fun to get a tour of the park and have private time there and learn the history and what movies were filmed there. Then at 10 the rest of the family was able to come in and we got to take them around. It was a great time!
My mom's sheep dressing team!

The resort we were at had a great pool that was somewhat quiet and it was so fun to get to take the kids down and relax by the pool. The resort was doing one of their Nickelodeon Getaway weekends that they do periodically and it was so fun because they pull the kids and do games and stuff with them and they get to be slimed! I remember when I was a kid how bad I always wanted to get slimed....but of course my kids didn't want to do that! lol It was so much fun! We all hated to come home!

So for a short update on the baby....As I said last time, Trysten is crawling and is pulling himself up on everything now. He has no balance and he forgets to hold on so he falls over often and the poor baby has bruises all over his face and forehead where he hits stuff (mainly the coffee table....lol). I didn't realize how bad it was until they all started healing and now they are all different colors across his face! lol There is no way to keep him down though so I suppose it will toughen him up, or so I tell myself! He has to be in a big hurry to do everything so what can I do! He has his 6 month check up last week and he is now 18lbs 8oz and 27 1/2 inches long. I can't believe how big he is....

I wish I had more to update on the girls but they are still the same happy crazy kids they always are! It will be fun when they get back into all their activities this year. I think they miss them all!
Oh wait! I have something to update on my little Miss Maryah...last week she came home from my grandmas house and I noticed she had cut her hair!! It was so short in the front! I asked her why she did it and she told me that she noticed it was too long! lol So needless to say she got a hair cut that afternoon and it is pretty short. Thank goodness it is stiff really cute! Life is never dull with my kiddos around I tell you....


Before the fix....(she knew she was in trouble can you tell?)
New Haircut!



We are off to Vegas next week for our annual family vacation so I will post some pictures of all that when we get back! Hope everyone is well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment