Monday, June 29, 2009

Status update! :)

I am so horrible about making time to blog! I really thought now that summer was here and I didn't have to run the girls from here to there that things would slow down but no way! Oh well. There's not too much to report on since last time.

Trysten has learned to crawl! I can't believe he is only 5 months old and mobile. I remember saying for the first couple months of his life that I wanted him to grow fast but he is really doing things early and its a real bummer! He started last week when I was waiting for Maryah at dance class. He was getting restless so I, being a bad mother, put him down on the dirty floor and off he went! I was so excited! Of course I was the only one there so I wanted to tell someone so bad to watch him and I couldn't. He was too cute. He would take a few steps and fall down then get up and do it again. He was getting a little further every day and today he actually crawled across the whole living room to see his Grammy. Its amazing! Then to top everything off he is pulling himself up on stuff. He can pull up to his knees and he sits there but if you help balance him a little he will pull up to his feet. I promise I'm not lying! I didn't think it was possible for babies to do this stuff so early but I have living proof! lol Now he is working on sitting by himself. He will sit for a minute or so before he falls over but again he gets better every day. I find myself so overwhelmed that he is doing everything all at once. Now I really want him to slow down!

Mykala and Maryah are doing great. They have been spending a lot of time at my Granny's house. We miss them something terrible but I think it is good for her to have company and the girls are pretty easy since they pretty much do everything themselves. I'm so glad they have this precious time with her and are enjoying their time with her so much. When they are home they are anxious to go back!

It's odd because it seems like the more time that passes since my Papa's death the more we all miss him. I find myself thinking of him more and more. Thinking of the situations and the day of the accident...I can't help but think I am a nurse...I should have seen it...I should have known and done something. It's my job and I missed it until it was too late....I hate living in the what-ifs. It's so hard to walk into the hospital on my shifts and be ok. It just brings it all back. I can honestly say Im a better nurse for it however. I am more observant and cautious, and paranoid. I suppose thats a good thing! Sorry to put a downer on this blog but I sure feel better after writing it down...

On a more positive note, Robert and I remodeled the breakroom at our clinic over the weekend. It looks so nice! We are so proud of our hard work. It was the first time we have completely redone a room and its not bad if I do say so myself! I'll take some pics when we get the finishing touches into it! Lots of hard work but well worth it!

I think thats about it for us right now. Life is just busy busy busy! Hopefully something more exciting will happen I can blog about! But for now, good night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment